Hidalgo County Felony Theft Lawyer
Understanding Felony Theft Charges in Texas
Theft crimes in Texas are usually charged based on the type and value of property that is stolen. Most theft crimes, such as shoplifting, are considered to be “petty theft” cases due to their lower value. However, when the value of the property reaches a high amount, you will face felony theft charges.
Being sentenced for felony theft will carry much heavier penalties than petty theft, which means your life could be changed dramatically if you plead guilty or are convicted by a jury of your peers. You should not hesitate to reach out to The Law Office of Rene A. Flores PLLC for help.
Why choose our Hidalgo County felony theft attorney?
- Mr. Flores has proudly built a track record of success.
- He takes pride in using an aggressive yet refined style of litigation.
- Mr. Flores has his roots here in the Hidalgo County community, making him familiar with our laws and courts.
- As a former Municipal Judge in Palmview, Attorney Flores applied the law fairly and accurately to each case.
- Today, he uses this familiarity to defend those who face all types of theft crime charges.
What is Felony Theft in Texas?
Texas only escalated theft charges based on the value of the property or service that was stolen. This system helps make it simpler to understand the charges you are facing and why. It does not, however, mean it will be any easier to defend yourself against those charges. You should always move your case forward with the help of an experienced criminal defense lawyer.
Types of Felony Theft Charges
Four degrees of felony theft in Texas are:
- State jail: Value of the stolen property or service is between $1,500 and $20,000. Stealing firearms and some types of livestock of any value can also constitute a state jail felony theft charge.
- Third degree: Value of the stolen property or service is between $20,000 and $100,000. Once again, stealing firearms and livestock of any value can trigger a third degree felony theft charge.
- Second degree: Value of the stolen property or service is between $100,000 and $200,000.
- First degree: Value of the stolen property or service is greater than $200,000.
For all of these variations of felony theft, you could be slammed with extensive incarceration, high fines paid to the state, mandatory restitutions paid to the victim, and a permanent mark on your criminal record. You need to act quickly if you want to challenge them effectively. Let Hidalgo Theft Crime Defense Attorney Rene Flores act in your defense today.
Do not hesitate to call us at (956) 606-3606 right when you need us!
I highly recommend this attorney.
Rene is the epitome of professionalism and a true advocate of the best interest of his clients.- Juan G.
His loyalty and dedication to his clients is unmatched.
If you're in need of his services, I would 100% recommend Rene Flores as your attorney.- Carlos M.
I recommend this lawyer, greatly.
Long story short, he help get the case dismissed.- Frances A.
Client SatisfactionOur firm's #1 priority is that each and every client is satisfied with the representation we provided them.
Communication Every Step of the WayAttorney Rene A. Flores is there for you. He answers your calls, meets with you personally and guides you through every step of your case.
Unique ExperienceAttorney Flores grew up in the courthouse. From Deputy Clerk, to Assistant Court Coordinator, to City Prosecutor, he has committed himself to the judicial system and to fighting for what is right.
Community OrientedWhen you work with our firm, you're working with a team who is dedicated to serving the local community and giving back with public service.