The consequences of a DWI conviction in Texas can mean months in jail, heavy fines, and a loss of your driving privileges. Not only that, but your car insurance rates will skyrocket, and you can experience difficulty finding certain types of employment.
Fortunately, you can avoid the disruption to your life that a DWI can bring by hiring legal assistance. A licensed attorney with experience in defending clients against DWI can help you build a defense that may help you avoid a conviction or the worst possible consequences of one.
Common DWI Defenses in Texas
Each alleged DWI incident is unique, and any experienced attorney can recognize its uniqueness in spite of the similarities it may share with other cases. The way you defend against your DWI charges should reflect the facts of the events that led up to your charges. In many cases, a personalized legal defense can achieve the best possible outcome for DWI charges.
Common DWI defense strategies may use tactics such as the following:
- Challenging the use of field sobriety tests
- Challenging the validity of breath, blood, or urine tests
- Suppressing evidence that may include expert witness testimony or the results of improperly administered tests
- Challenging police officer testimony
- Alleging the police violated your civil rights, such as lacking reasonable suspicion to pull you over or lacking probable cause to arrest you
- Alleging other constitutional rights violations, such as an unlawful search and seizure of your person or property
When you wish to fight your charges outright, legal maneuvers such as those above can help your attorney achieve the best possible outcome.
Our DWI Defense Attorney Can Help
When you are charged with DWI in Texas, our attorney at The Law Office of Rene A. Flores PLLC can help. With many years of experience helping clients achieve better outcomes for criminal charges in Texas, including those related to DWI, attorney Rene A. Flores can offer the legal support you need during this difficult time.
For more information about defending against your DWI charges, contact us online.